NEW VACANCY - (PK6370)
PACKAGING QUALITY MANAGER - BRC / NPD & SUPPLY CHAIN
COMMUTABLE AREAS: CHESHIRE, GREATER MANCHESTER, TAMESIDE, THE WIRRAL
Salary up to £40K depending on experience + Bonus Scheme + Christmas Bonus + Pension
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8.30-17.00
Our client is a growing international packaging supply company. They have a requirement for a Quality Manager to ensure continuity in all the following areas of their business:
- BRC Accreditation - for themselves, for warehouses and annual audits for overseas suppliers
- NPD - All products are bespoke and tailored for each client so Technical Support for materials, artwork, reprographics, colour management & print etc is crucial
- Warehouse Management - ensure compliance to all necessary regulations for food packaging supply
- Complaint handling for existing customers
The ideal candidate will have worked in Production / Quality Management with a strong printing background and knowledge of flexible packaging, filmic and synthetic materials, flexographic / gravure print, artwork, reprographics and colour management processes.
- Maintain product, systems & audit requirements for BRC Agents & Brokers certification
- Undertake Internal and External audits of systems, processes and Food Safety of our products
- Have a clear understanding of current Regulations on plastics in contact with Food and apply HACCP, TACCP and VACCP principles to our operations
- Have and maintain a clear understanding of the Food Contact Regulations for Plastics and operate a Lab testing protocol with the factories, in order to provide a Declaration of Compliance (legal requirement)
- Review all new product lines and versions for accuracy of the product specification prior to system loading
- Maintain or develop alternative to the "Product Master" which maintains our Product Coding, Product Spec Sheet tracking and core Packaging Waste data.
- Create and maintain Job folders, check that production samples remain in tolerance and without production errors
- Annual Declaration of Packaging Waste, requiring collation of data from the previous year's trading and submitting a declaration of usage via our Compliance Scheme. Identifying any reasons for variation to trend and maintaining an explanatory users guide.
- Create Product Specification Sheets for every product line and subsequent amendments / versions. Distribution to customers as required. Update the Product Master and OrderWise with amends to packed quantities.