A number of our clients are putting steps in place to prepare for life once it gets back to normal. This client, like many others, has instructed us to keep identifying potential candidates for the following role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Packaging Supply Manager to join a dynamic global drinks company. This is the chance to work with premium brands and some of the fastest growing drinks on the market; and to join a business which is investing in ambitious growth across the globe.
As Packaging Buy, your role within this expert team will be to manage the procurement of packaging materials to match customer orders or stock requirements in line with service level agreements and budget targets. Both problem solving skills and continuous improvement experience are essential for this role.
This management position requires a cross functional team worker who works in partnership with others. You will be required to manage Packaging Technologists in the development and delivery of new product development. This dynamic drinks business is looking for someone who demonstrates strong influencing, communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
Candidates must have at least 5 years’ experience in a packaging procurement/purchasing role with a relevant vocational qualification (eg CIPS) and the capacity to carry out the following:
- Select and approve core packaging material suppliers based on defined business criteria.
- Manage purchases of packaging materials to match MRP and production requirements.
- Negotiate pricing and commercial terms with suppliers of packaging materials and propose allocation of business to Logistics & Supply Chain Manager
- Provide quotes for packaging component costs as part of the product development process.
- Report on performance versus departmental KPIs including PPV
- Manage packaging material stocks to meet departmental objectives
- Management of the development of packaging and work with bottling services for new product developments (NPD).
- Liaise with the relevant departments on Packaging developments including: Marketing, Purchasing, Production, Customer services, external suppliers and bottling locations.
- Motivate and manage staff, recruiting, training and developing
- Manage and own your professional development to achieve career objectives and personal goals.
Scope of Role
- Cased Goods annual production: Approx. 1.5M cases
- Packaging materials annual budget: Approx. £7M
- Dry Goods inventory: Approx. £1.2M
Although this is a predominantly office-based role, occasional travel to supplier premises will be required. Candidates must therefore have a full (clean) driving licence.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, register with us at harrison-scott.com/candidates/register/
Please note that we will always seek candidates’ permission before sending a CV to clients.