A varied & busy role, you will be performing packaging assessment on existing ranges and collect best practices from the market.
Capture the needs of the range team, the constraints of the supply chain and the intention of the merchandising team and turns them into clear Packaging Briefs within the company's sustainability policy. Define upfront project success criteria (innovation, affordability, quality and timing) and drive clarity throughout each project. Delivers technical specifications at tender stage to suppliers. Support vendors in the development of technical solutions through proof-of-concept to first industrialization for each project. Ensures industrial scale qualification of the total packaging system from incoming raw materials to finished product quality for European based vendors
In time, manage the rota of selected packaging manufacturers to deliver new sustainable structural packaging solutions supporting each product category. Ensure that packaging solutions are fit for purpose across all brands and delivered at the optimum cost. Apply project management to manage all deliverables of a pack development on time and at quality.
The ideal candidate will ....
- Have solid packaging knowledge
- understanding that packaging primary function is to protect a product but ends up being disposed of after purchase hence ensures a sustainable and no frills approach
- work closely with all stakeholders involved in product development
- keep up to speed with packaging materials and market innovation
- can explain simply packaging constraints and solutions
Required Skills & Experience:
• Strong knowledge of packaging materials, fabrication and supply chain network
• Understanding of packaging qualification practices and standards
• Experience and understanding of software and tools used for packaging development.
• Experience with sustainability challenges and solutions for packaging.
• Experience with related regulation and safety requirements, shipping constraints and logistics.
• Strong industry network connections for developing key partnerships and tracking industry trends.
• Deep ties with packaging supply chain partners globally and locally.
£40k + excellent benefits package