An established and growing toiletry, healthcare and pharmaceutical manufacturing company. Reporting to the Packaging Development Manager you will be responsible for effective packaging development from contract to full service briefs. The role involves working closely with the NPI, Technical, Production and Purchasing teams. We are a fast paced manufacturing environment, which necessitates both flexibility and enthusiasm. Attention to detail and the importance of accurate colour distinction are both essential to this post.
Key duties include assisting in the facilitation of packaging development of new products for new and existing customers, contract and full service briefs. Working with customers to understand and interpret requirements and translating into packaging criteria. Sourcing, selecting and developing packaging components suitable to meet customer briefs, cost targets, supplier capabilities. Managing and completing all packaging requirements for New Product Introductions, delivering them on time and to customer satisfaction. Advising customers and Account Managers/NPI Team throughout development of technical packaging considerations to reduce risk and add value.
- IOP Diploma of equivalent and relevant industry experience
- Good range of technical knowledge and experience
- Keen interest in New Product Development for the Health and Beauty Industry
- Demonstrate ability to efficiently plan, organise and manage own tasks and deliver them to deadlines
- Ability to work individually or collaboratively as a member of a team
- Ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task workload
- Flexibility and an ability to react and respond positively to changes in priority and workload
- Ability to retain focus and maintain a calm demeanour under pressure
- Ability to exhibit a professional demeanour and consistently apply the highest ethical standards when dealing with employees, colleagues, suppliers and customers
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
£42k + benefits