Are you an experienced and enthusiastic Packaging Technologist who’d relish the opportunity to work for a well established and growing toiletry, healthcare and pharmaceutical manufacturing company? If you’re interested in developing innovative, primary packaging solutions, fulfilling existing projects on behalf of a range of well known clients and delivering and supporting a number of new packaging projects across the UK, this could be the role for you.
Packaging Technologist | Food & Beverage Packaging | Surrey | £35k-£45k
Working with high profile brands across the cosmetic and healthcare sectors, the company is a fast paced manufacturing environment, which necessitates both flexibility and enthusiasm. With success that is due to innovation strategies in creativity, design and technical applications, you can be sure you’re joining a company with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own aspirations.
As Packaging Technologist, you will be responsible for:
- Personally planning and executing all aspects of packaging development for new products for both new and existing major customers, both contract fill and full service
- Working with major customers early on in the process, understanding and defining NPD requirements and translating them into confirmed packaging criteria
- Sourcing, selecting, developing and specifying components that meet customer briefs, cost targets, supplier capabilities, factory facilities and all CPA deadlines
- Communicating with all stakeholders across the process, identifying/highlighting any risks and offering carefully considered mitigating actions and back up plans
- Consistent proactive application of a wide range of knowledge covering packaging materials, component manufacture and print
- Proactively assessing current packaging to identify areas for improvement
- Planning, organising and executing packaging trials
- Working to ensure timely and effective development and launches
- •Identifying and understanding key internal customer support requirements through regular reviews with operations, quality and engineering functions
Key attributes required:
- Ideally, experience gained within the cosmetics/beauty/healthcare environment
- Project management experience – proven track record of delivering complex projects to completion against challenging timescales
- Practical knowledge and experience of a range of packaging materials, processes and manufacturing methods
- Strong networking skills, particularly with other technical colleagues
- Institute of Packaging Diploma or equivalent qualification preferred but not essential
Click the ‘Apply now’ button and make us aware of your details.