You will be responsible for all UK packaging developments ensuring this meets consumer & customer needs & follows regulatory requirements, provide quality, cost effective & environmentally responsible packaging, taking ownership for individual projects, overseeing trials, provide technical support to the manufacturing sites.
- Manage packaging development projects, manage and attend packaging trials and report outcomes promptly
- Manage packaging specifications and maintain the integrity of associated databases
- Timely completion of pallet plans.
- Establish packaging standards via factory trials to ensure that proposed packaging materials are fit for purpose (i.e. appropriate material/ components, acceptable quality, adequate performance and efficiency on packing line) and to gain approval from all relevant parties.
- Timely completion of packaging workflows
- To be involved in technical validation of new packaging equipment.
- Continuously seek the identification of new technology supporting the company's growth.
- Generate innovative ideas that will take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Communicate technical information, opportunities and potential risks in business environment to facilitate effective decision making.
Candidate profile :
- Graduate in Packaging / Sciences or similar area
- packaging food industry experience, especially in Form, Fill, Seal technology would be ideal
- Good communication skills & be able to thrive in a fast paced environment are essential for this role
- Good knowledge of packaging equipment and materials
- Knowledge of food regulatory legislation would be a strong advantage
- Literate with MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Self-starter and self-driven to deliver a broad range of projects with excellence and on time in a fast moving and complex environment
- Clear verbal & written communication skills
- Very good attention to detail
- Good organizational skills (with a scientific / methodical approach)
- Sustain a high level of competence within an ever-changing business landscape.
- Works cooperatively with other team members to implement new packaging
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, effectively analyses and solve technical challenges with sometimes incomplete or ambiguous information
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment & work with a global leader, please apply to our recruiter Angela Stanzione at Resource Partnership - +44 (0) 2077 22 6776 & +44 (0) 7803 605 195