Our client is a global, multi-channel & multi-brand FMCG group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact.
Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded over 50 years ago. No holding back & always breaking the mold, we are looking for someone who’s not afraid to mix things up !
The role is a 2 year Fix Term Contract Packaging Technologist to work on an exciting, new project.
The role will be responsible for the technical development and project management of packaging components performed in line with the concept and product briefs.
More about the role
- Carry out technical approval testing/compatibility studies in accordance with the procedures and methods defined in the packaging design quality system and keep traceability of the results
- To ensure that the components developed satisfy both the functional and aesthetic aspects of the brief in a cost effective, technically competent, values led and timely manner.
- To regularly update the Head of the project on the status of component developments against the targeted CPA dates and to flag up potential timing issues and problems.
- To alert the Testing Laboratory and provide the components that will need testing in order to gain maximum confidence in the packaging and product combinations prior to full production of the end product. To highlight to the Development Team where CPA timing does not allow this and to provide the technical part of any risk assessment.
- To liaise with the chosen Contract Filler(s) ensuring that the technical specification of the components being developed allows efficient handling on the selected production line(s). To attend and approve both component and finished goods line trials and production start-up as directed by the Head of the project
- Performs risk assessments – carry out optimisation studies for packaging/formula combinations to satisfy product performance requirements (quality, functionality, sustainability)
- Proposes optimal technical solutions, develops technical drawings and makes/organises models based on requirements.
- To keep abreast of appropriate new process and material developments in the packaging world, ensuring the business benefits to the maximum extent possible
The ideal candidate will have the following experience/skills :
- Demonstrable experience of the technical processes and material issues involved in the production of beauty /fmcg components and finished goods.
- A sound knowledge of the potential suppliers of components, including their background, strengths and weaknesses.
- Knowledge of Sustainable Packaging
- A proven creative and proactive approach to problem solving to reconcile the aesthetic and functional desires of Category Management and Design with the inherent technical, cost and timing constraints.
- Project management
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate in all major Microsoft programmes