As part of the Packaging Development team of this leading global beauty brand, you will play an active role in the project management of packaging related projects to ensure it is delivered within spec, time & budget. By working closely with Supply Chain & Operations, Product Development, Regulatory & Marketing you will have a great understanding of the process & ability to provide creative, operational & commercial solutions.
With support from the Senior Packaging Development Manager you will execute projects relating to the brand’s growth and into new market area/territories.In addition, you will be supporting on technical and QA frameworks.
This is a great opportunity to shape and influence the setting up of new standards and procedures which will be incorporated in the new packaging development processes.
Candidates must come from a packaging development background, preferably with a strong technical background & a passion for creating new innovative & amazingly looking packaging. Together with the Senior Packaging Development Manager you will be juggling multiple packaging development projects at the same time with a can-do attitude. This is an excellent opportunity to shape & impact the brand’s product developments and expansion.
- Managing and supporting on project packaging developments, identifying & flagging any risks
- Support on implementing new standards, technical processes, packaging production quality tests, as well risk assessments
- Responsible for managing artwork process from copy brief through to finished artwork in line with CPAs
- Support and contribute the CPA management to ensure finished goods and packaging project CPAs are aligned by working closely with the NPD team and Marketing team.
- Work closely with Supply Chain on forecast & PO timings for new packaging developments
- Sourcing and tooling development of new primary and secondary packs, from concept through to delivery
- Build & maintain strong relationships with our external pack suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Continuously meet with key packaging suppliers to build strong relationships and stay on top of new packaging innovations
- Project manage ad hoc artwork projects relating to new distribution channels and multi-language packaging, helping to establish and develop effective implementation strategies for new distribution channels by working closely with Supply Chain, Regulatory & Graphic Design
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about packaging & beauty
- Be excited about joining a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Highly organised and enjoy working on multiple complex projects at the same time
- Be self-driven, result-orientated and have excellent communication skills
- Technically strong in packaging development
- Good artwork process with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of complex NPD project management and CPA management
- Experienced working cross functionally with NPD, Design, Regulatory, Supply Chain & Marketing on various NPD projects
- Provide commercial & operational value to projects, as well as balancing creative thinking, innovation, costs & timings
- 3+ years’ experience & knowledge in printing technology and packaging materials within FMCG industry
- Previous experience in development of multilingual packaging
- Team player with great can-do attitude
- Benefits package includes :
- Medicash – health care cash plan (allowing you to claim cashback on Dental, Optical, Physio and lots more)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday - 33 days’ holidays per year ( 25 + 8 UK Bank holidays).
- Additional day holiday for your Birthday
- Early finish Friday afternoons in summer months
- Life Assurance – 4 X Annual Salary
- Holiday Purchase – Buy additional 5 days of holiday
- Cycle to Work – Tax efficient scheme to purchase bikes up to the value of £1000
- Recognition scheme – Team incentives every month
- Discount platform 1000’s of discounts across over 900 retailers
- Wellbeing Hub
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 access
- Pension – 4% employee matched by the company 4% (The Peoples Pension). You will automatically be enrolled after the 3 month probation.
- Generous product discount