As a member of the EMEA Regional R&D Packaging Team, this role will be part of a team leading the discovery, translation and execution of regionally led packaging activities. This requires understanding the regional priorities and includes the translation of innovation from the global food development for the region.
This role will also have responsibility for the technical leadership of regionally-led NPD/Efficiency projects. You will have accountability for deploying Packaging Innovation, Efficiency and Sustainability initiatives from Global Packaging and developing & implementing the Regional Packaging Pipeline. Act as a Technical Leader, understanding how to manage stakeholders & influence team members and drive results. Drive the prioritized initiatives working with cross functions through stage gates and ultimately launch.
Although this role for the longer term is a Packaging Engineer role covering a portion of the portfolio as described above, there is a current need for this role to concentrate for the next 18 months on leading a programme of work to harmonise and improve robust processes, systems & ways-of-working across R&D Packs within Europe & Russia. The role will be 70% Quality Process Improvement, 10% Packaging Development & 20% Team & Personal focused.
We are looking for a highly motivated, engaging, innovative, process oriented candidate to lead this transformational work across the regional team. This is a great opportunity for a high calibre and experienced individual wishing to step up in the Packaging Development world, looking to grow their skills, knowledge and technical experience in this area. It will be a great opportunity to work cross functionally on a transformational project, leaving a legacy and gaining a first experience in Line Management.
The role will entail the following:
- Leading the Packaging Development process harmonisation & improvement plan, working towards compliance against internal Quality Standards and ensuring ongoing external regulatory compliance
- Leading the supporting stakeholder engagement, management, communication & training plan
- Leading a Champions Community within R&D Packs to support this improvement ambition
- Collaborating and working closely with other functions and individuals regionally and globally within the company towards compliance
- Leading the internal and external audit preparation for key processes within R&D Packs
- Line manage two contractors who are focused on risk assessment for the current packaging portfolio
- Qualifications & competencies required/essential : Degree in Packaging, Packaging Materials, Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, Polymer Science or Engineering or related field of study’ or relevant experience in industry field will be considered as an alternative to a degree. Desirable : Master’s or PhD in similar field of study or relevant experience in industry.
Demonstrate project management (ideally of numerous, interconnected projects) and networking/communication skills. Proven food Packaging development/prototyping skills (these can also be developed within role. A solid understanding of the desirable, feasible, viable approach and is able to demonstrate problem solving and analytical approaches. Passion for the consumer and quality, being able to demonstrate creativity in turning insights into product solutions. Understanding of the business strategy and the contribution of a given innovation project to the activity plan. Passion for the consumer and quality, being able to demonstrate creativity in turning insights into packaging solutions. Understanding and application of business process to manage innovation.
Excellent basic & benefits package , flexitime & options to wfh once a week