A multinational food manufacturer, which is home to some of the most loved brands in Britain, has a key opening.
Working as part of a cross functional team, you deliver the RDQ activities required to complete Packaging Design and Packaging Deployment for Innovation/Growth projects and productivity projects across multiple geographies with an emphasis on delivering the desired consumer experience.
With the support and guidance of a manager, you will organise and execute projects in line with RDQ, marketing and manufacturing requirements, effectively communicating status and risks. You will plan and conduct activities to generate appropriate packaging information, using sampling and supplier management, and pilot plant and factory trials in accordance with good manufacturing practice and HACCP requirements. In this role, you will plan and conduct process development activities (e.g. packaging design and specifications, packaging scale up, commissioning etc.) and help with planning and the effective use of resources, including the use of external agencies. You will also create technical reports, which will require your skills in analysis and interpretation of results that will lead to conclusions and recommendations; create and maintain accurate packaging specifications; and create intellectual property to drive our competitive advantage.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
• Working on teams and independently with the guidance of a manager
• Prioritising and managing activities
• Identifying problems proactively and creating and implementing solutions independently
• Applying fundamental technical understanding to interpret and analyse data to reach clear conclusions
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing, including technical writing
• Putting the consumer at the heart of development activities
• Technical curiosity and a collaborative mindset
This role is based Birmingham and is expected to undertake some travel, according to business needs for the region,
Education / knowledge expectations:
- Practical knowledge and experience of a range of packaging materials, processes and manufacturing methods. Knowledge of current sustainability trends and issues in relation to packaging.
- Degree or equivalent level experience/qualification in a relevant packaging or scientific area.
Our client offers an incredible range of benefits inc 50/50 home/office working, option to buy holidays and flexible working