Müller UK & Ireland is wholly owned by the Unternehmensgruppe Theo Müller which employs over 24,000 people throughout Europe. In the UK, Müller develops, manufactures and markets a wide range of branded and private label dairy products made with milk from more than 1,700 British farmers. The Müller brand is ranked at No.7 in The Grocer’s Top 100 list of Britain’s Biggest Brands and is also the 7th most chosen brand in the UK.
We are currently recruiting for two Packaging Technologists to join our friendly team at Market Drayton. One position is permanent, and one is for a fixed term 12-month flexible contract. We are looking for experienced individuals to become a key members of the UK based packaging team; you will use your broad knowledge and expertise of packaging materials, processes and tools to lead and deliver packaging projects for the UK business units. You will be expected to keep informed of current packaging topics, legislation and compliance in order to support best commercial and ethical practice.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain awareness of packaging industry developments, challenges & trends impacting the dairy industry for communication to the team and business.
- Understand customer and overall business objectives in order to translate into robust packaging solutions that will be delivered on time and to budget. Keep managers, peers and customers aware of key milestones and any deviations.
- Utilise knowledge of Standard packaging formats, and their conversion in conjunction with Müller end to end production processes.
- Use understanding of procedures and concepts within packaging and a general knowledge of these elements in other disciplines to predict impact on processes and materials. Applies statistical techniques using tools e.g. minitab to develop hypotheses and results.
- Use knowledge of packaging machine interface to confidently recommend best practice.
- Understand key processes and tools used; actively coach and mentor others to ensure clarity and understanding. Can confidently recommend new tools and processes to meet future needs.
- Understand the basic principles of decoration techniques for packaging and the commercial impact of choices available.
- Is passionate about the role of innovation and understands the innovation portfolio management process to be able to contribute with sound ideas and feedback for improvements.
- Identify, optimises and promotes an environmental and sustainability mind-set to optimise solutions and minimise environmental impact, to make sound recommendations for packaging solutions.
- Understand all relevant legislation, standards and guidelines, applicable to packaging and food safety, to a level appropriate for their role. Puts the safety and quality of product and brand at the forefront of all activities.
- Engage others to build strong relationships, builds networks
- Coaches and mentors others to support professional and personal development.
- Can confidently set own SMART targets and use effective time management skills to consistently deliver against objectives.
Key skills & experience
- Ideally educated to a Degree or Diploma level, in packaging or engineering related qualification is most desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrates good breadth and depth of knowledge in FMCG packaging or has an established career in a packaging conversion discipline.
- Flexible to travel within the UK and Europe.
- Experience working in end to end project management including stakeholder management.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Must be self-motivated, self-confident, collaborative and engaging with strong resilience.
- Full driving licence required.
Müller pride ourselves on offering support to help develop your knowledge and skills. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful European business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.