NEW VACANCY (PK6529)
PRE-PRESS MAC OPERATOR / REPROGRAPHICS STUDIO OPERATOR - CARTONBOARD
£Open (Dependant on candidate's experience) + 27 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Free Onsite Parking
Our Client is a successful entrepreneurial company established for over eight decades, growing consistently with further growth targets The company produces high-quality printed cartonboard packaging as well as several niche packaging solutions for world recognised brands, through to SME's and start-ups. They are successfully growing existing accounts and expanding its portfolio of clients to achieve further growth.
They are now looking to recruit a Pre-Press Mac Operator / Reprographics Studio Operator to join their team, this is a huge opportunity to be part of a progressive company with a tight-knit positive team culture. The client is looking for evidence of exceptional ability from experienced and highly skilled Pre-Press Mac Operators / Reprographics Studio Operators used to covering a range of responsibilities within a busy environment. Candidates must be willing to proficiently cover a diverse range of responsibilities reporting to the Production Director and Sales Team.
The pre-press department is integral to the dynamic speed, efficiency and accuracy of the company's performance which is expected by its clients. It is a fast-paced, high attention to detail, QA critical environment.
- Manage the full day-to-day pre-press operations of the company
- Process and proof client supplied artwork files to tight deadlines ensuring they meet appropriate production specifications
- Identify and carry out artwork alterations / corrections, suggest edits to supplied files to conform with print-ready production specifications
- Step and repeat layouts predominantly for multi version, multi working sheet complex print production
- Process and make plates via CTP
- Colour management and colour profiling
- Process structural packaging design files and create layouts for the creation of cutting formes
- Process artwork files for decorative finishing solutions such as gloss spot UV varnish, foiling and embossing
- Seek out methods for minimising and mitigating risk of error in all pre-press processes
- Take ownership of establishing and maintaining policies & procedures
- Manage the company's digital filing, logging and client artwork library storage
- Keep up to date with latest reprographic, graphic design and structural packaging design software and hardware that the company would benefit from
- Perform ongoing process review to present new ideas and ways of working that the company would benefit from
- Committed candidate who performs with professionalism and will settle for nothing less than excellence in their day to day performance.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in a similar role
- Proficient in Adobe CC, namely Illustrator & InDesign
- High competence with pre-press imposition software, Kodak Prinergy or similar
- Strong technical artwork, plate making, litho printing & decorative finishing knowledge
- Strong technical cutting forme and structural packaging knowledge
- Experience with structural packaging design software ESKO Artios CAD or similar and CAD plotters / cutters highly desirable bonus
- Strong general IT skills
- Ability to adapt to new software and systems
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Professional and confident communicator
- Willingness to assist in all areas necessary outside of normal duties
This is an exciting chance to become an integral part of a dynamic growing company.