NEW VACANCY!! (PK7152)
PRE-PRESS OPERATIVE WEST YORKSHIRE
Salary based on experience
Hours: 37.5 based on a three-shift rota
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is a global innovator in the manufacture of decorative packaging, with a broad range of clients in FMCG market sectors.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Pre-Press Operative
The successful candidate will work within Pre-Press in line with business requirements as dictated via APS work to listings. The post holder will be responsible for formulating colours within flexo, screen and offset ink ranges and manufacturing printing plates and silk screens for use within the manufacturing process.
- Experience of using Xrite systems would be an advantage.
- Good organisational and time management skills are essential along with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Checking APS to supply package to press with regards ink, plate and screen requirements.
- Prepare relevant inks for each job by mixing colour formulas or retrieving inks from existing supply. Match with use away inks wherever possible.
- Colour matching across all ink bases using proofing equipment. Verifying and recording colour using Xrite system.
- Record ink formula changes appropriately.
- Manufacture printing plates and screens in line with APS requirements.
- Reclamation of silk-screens for re-use across the business.
- Monitor consumable stocks.
- Allocate inks, plates and screens to relevant departments in line with APS requirements.
- Liaise with external Supplier and Customer as and when required