NEW VACANCY! (PK6917)
PRINT FINISHER / DIGICON OPERATOR
SOUTH WEST / SOUTH COAST
Salary Circa £25K + Overtime (1.5 x Salary) + Pension + 23 Days Holiday
8am - 4pm Monday to Friday
Our client is an independently owned company manufacturing an array of printed paper and synthetic materials for all market sectors from High Street Retail to Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics, Food, Logistics etc. An award-winning, progressive printing company who are continually investing in the very latest equipment to expand their digital capability. The self-adhesive labels that are produced are of the very highest standard serving a range of customers from smaller local producers to large blue chip clients.
They are looking to add an additional Digicon Finishing Operator to the team to ensure that printed labels are finished to the correct quality, on time and with the least amount of wastage.
The ideal candidate will have operated an ABG Digicon previously with additional lamination, hot/cold foiling, peel & reveal & reverse print and complex print units, however other Slitting, Rewinding and Finishing equipment will be considered.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Operating of finishing equipment producing finished labels in compliance with company operating procedures
- Ensure machinery runs at maximum output
- Adopt a "pitstop" mentality to reduce change over times, fully utilise and organise Press Assistants
- Proactively manage presses to achieve the best quality levels
- Ensure maximum material utilisation
- Co-operation with all company systems including health and safety, ISO9001, BRC accreditations and all paperwork systems
- Detail all press specifications and technical details which are required to produce jobs
- Carry out general duties which may include packing, sheeting and any other duties that may be required
Knowledge, skills and experience include:
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate they have:
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
- Able to deliver the required quality of printed and finished work
- Knowledge of on time delivery of products
- Knowledge of waste minimisation
- Able to operate equipment to the highest levels of efficiency
- The successful candidate will have a flexible and conscientious approach to all tasks and be able to both co-operate and collaborate to ensure continual growth and continuous improvement within the department.