NEW VACANCY! (PK6674)
PRINT OPERATOR / TECHNICIAN - PLASTIC PACKAGING
£Open depending on experience + Overtime + Pension
Our client is a manufacturer and innovator in the design of recycled packaging, holding a leading position within rigid packaging for the food industry. They have many years of experience developing, designing and producing innovative and high-quality packaging.
They are seeking a Printing Machine Technician / Operator to join their team. You will be responsible for make ready, operation, and cleaning of the assigned offset printing machine. The Print Operator (Cup Printing) is responsible for indirect-flexographic cup printing press operation, maintaining anilox, plate rollers and ink trays and verifying print quality of print manufacturing machine(s) that are used to produce printed cups.
- Must have industry related skills and knowledge of operation of printing machinery and experience in a flexographic or dry offset printing manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 2 years as a flexo or dry offset printing press operator
- Previous print machine operator experience in cup printing is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of flexography
- Basic computer skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operates the Polytype cup printing machine.
- Makes ready and operates printing press to print single and multi-coloured copy from plates
- Must demonstrate high degree of attention and care to prevent damage to precision machinery
- Maintains print roller and ink tray area along with submitting work orders to maintenance for repairs or replacement of defective equipment.
- Ensures that cup printing machine is maintained in working order.
- Cleans change-over parts removed during a print change and return them to the print storage area.
- Performs periodic inspections to ensure the quality of the product as per to the customer requirement.
- Responsible for informing the leadership team immediately of any failure to meet established quality standards to ensure corrective action is taken.
- Performs all assigned quality tests to ensure the quality of the product being made (i.e. registration, colour, legibility, etc.). This requires frequent examination and handling of the product to inspect for defects and verifies that product manufactured is in compliance to customer specifications
- Checks order to ensure correct printing materials are being used for scheduled job.
- Maintains an adequate supply of inks, labels, and bulk products used to facilitate production.
- Maintains production and waste levels
- Comply with all safety rules, polices, procedures and practices adopted by the company.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area at all times.
- Prepares daily time, production usage, and quality control reports
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Production Lead or Department Manager.
- Strong work ethic and team player, Team-oriented - cooperative and collaborative