NEW VACANCY! (PK6981)
PRINTER FLOATER - LABELS HERTFORDSHIRE
Hourly rate dependent on experience + Other Benefits
Shift: Double Day Shift Weekly Rotating
6:00am to 14:00 Monday to Friday
14:00 to 22.00 Monday to Friday
Our client is a privately owned, award winning, self-adhesive label manufacturer with prestigious state of the art production facilities, in a period of growth and expansion. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to join a thriving, passionate print team and help continue to build on the company's long term success and contribute to their growth strategy.
Reporting to the Production Manager. To produce quality labels in a timely and efficient manner, the role of the Floater is to be a flexible resource to assist in always having an efficient, knowledgeable support within production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to run all printing equipment, particularly printing labels and packaging; Nilpeter Servo Press, Mark Andy, MPS or similar flexographic presses, with experience of embellishments such as rotary screen, hot foil, cold foil, and embossing
- Covering printers for holiday and sick.
- Assisting in day to day production of printing, press passes etc.
- Focus on continuous improvement within production.
- Assisting in pre-press when required.
- Assisting in finishing when required.
- Covering the Ink Tech during holidays/sickness.
- Operate Printing equipment according to procedures and job specifications.
- Daily productivity responsibility ensuring that individual schedule and targets set are achieved.
- Ensuring that jobs are produced to the highest quality level and that the ISO9001-2000 quality procedures are followed.
- Responsibility for cleanliness and general maintenance of equipment used in the process.
- Relaying information through the Specification sheet on how jobs are produced and exactly what settings are required to repeat the process.
- To work with Production Manager to continually improve quality, processes and production efficiencies.
- Advising the Production Manager if any tooling is not performing as well as is expected so that, if necessary, replacements can be purchased.
- Follow all safety procedures in operating equipment and performance of job duties
- Maintain work area in organised manner.
- General ad hoc duties as they arise.
Skills & Experience Required for this Position:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Running multi-colour flexo presses.
- Responsibility for quality, efficiency and good housekeeping.
- Able to troubleshoot to solve issues with machinery or print quality.
- Excellent attention to detail and able to follow detailed processes and procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous rewinding experience desirable.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job (lifting up to 50 pounds, prolonged standing).
- Ability to work as a team member and independently.
- Ability to learn and apply new procedures and methods.
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and ability to read a ruler.
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive tasks.
- Ability to follow safety procedures.