NEW VACANCY! (PK6635)
PRINTER SLOTTER / CASEMAKER OPERATOR - TRAINEE OR EXPERIENCED
£11.50PH + Overtime + 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
£9.50PH rising to £11.50PH for someone who wants to train on the machine
SHIFTS: TBC 06:30 - 15:30 or 09:00 - 18:00 Mon to Thurs, Fri 06:30 - 15:30
Weekly alternating or fixed shift with flexibility to cover holidays.
Our client is a highly successful manufacturer of conventional corrugated packaging, specialising in corrugated die cuts and cases.
They are currently looking to recruit a Printer Slotter / Casemaker to join their Production Team. You will ensure that all jobs run through the Printer slotting / Casemaker machines are set and produced on time, to the required quality standards, and with the minimal waste. The role is important to the day to day productivity of the box making function, and ensuring that targets, deadlines and customer requirements are met.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Ensure daily Production schedules and workload is managed on your machine, to ensure that Jobs are set and made on-time.
- Any factors affecting the schedule or any inaccurate information of Works Orders must be reported to a Senior Manager.
- Ensure all targets and optimum productivity levels are achieved.
- Maintain Company Health & Safety standards, and highlight and report poor Health & Safety practice.
- Maintain and monitor the quality control procedures to ensure all quality standards and quality checks are being met.
- Ensure high levels of time-keeping and ensure that break times are taken within the agreed times.
- Maintain and encourage a positive "can-do" attitude to work.
- Train additional employees when required to ensure adequate machine cover
- Maintain a high level of House-keeping standards to ensure the workplace is clean and safe.
- Ensure machines are tidied after every job.
- Ensure machine maintenance programs are followed, and all machines are cleaned, oiled etc. during and after shift.
- Report any machine defects immediately to the Production Manager.
- Ensure all required administrative duties are completed clearly and accurately.
- Ensure all machines switched off when not in use, and belts etc. are not left running.
- Ensure all Print plates are marked accurately, and stored safely and in the correct location after every job. Report any damage to Plates immediately.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven ability to run these machines at Optimum run speeds.
- Proven ability in managing tight / urgent deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to organise one's self.
- Excellent organisational skills are essential.
- Sound Commercial awareness is desirable
- Must be upbeat, friendly and professional
- Must demonstrate a positive "can do" attitude
- Excellent eye for detail.