NEW VACANCY! (PK6486)
PRINTER SLOTTER / CASEMAKER - DAYS!!
(Please contact me for further location details)
Genuinely Open Depending on Experience + Pension + 28 Days Holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
Hours of Work: 8am - 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am - 3.45pm, Friday (Overtime Available)
Our client is a heavy duty corrugated packaging manufacturer and supplier of packaging materials based in the West Midlands. They are currently looking to recruit a Printer Slotter / Casemaker to join their expanding production team, offering the opportunity to join a thriving growing business.
Candidates will be highly competent in operating all aspects of the machine and associated ancillary equipment safety to ensure machines run efficiently and correctly to customer requirements.
The role will involve working as part of a production team; requiring a good communicator and motivator, who is willing to take part in problem solving and continuous improvement exercises. The right candidate will be hardworking, dedicated and reliable, who is flexible and willing to learn and embrace new skills.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years' experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing environment and operating Casemaking machinery or Printer Slotters and an understanding of the corrugated production processes.
The successful candidate will be operating across 2 machines a standard 1228 case maker 2 colour and a 2200x4800mm jumbo casemaking line
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Ensure all equipment is in a safe and serviceable condition
- Enforce and promote safety and housekeeping in your area of work
- Make sure high standards of product quality are maintained at all times
- Ability to prioritise, organise and allocate work accordingly
- Carry out quality control checks on finished product and complete QA paperwork
- Machine set up between different jobs and ensure set time targets are met
- Carry out basic maintenance tasks on the machine
- Actively promote increases in machine efficiency to achieve budgeted targets of production uptime, speed and casemaker waste
- Ensure effective handovers between shifts are achieved
- Complete all paperwork to communicate issues and maintain standards and performance
- To report safety and hazard faults to ensure all work is carried out safely
- Ensure a rapid response to machine failures and breakdowns and inform relevant departments (planning and despatch
- Ensure cleaning schedules are kept up to date (daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly checks)