NEW VACANCY (PK6897)
PRODUCT DESIGNER - CARTONS
COMMUTABLE FROM BEDFORDSHIRE / HERTFORDSHIRE / MILTON KEYNES / CAMBRIDGESHIRE
£OPEN (Depending on experience)
Our client is a long established manufacturer and supplier of printed folded cartons for the food sector.
They are now looking to recruit a Product Designer to join their team, you will work closely with the Product, Marketing, Sales, Procurement and Production teams.
- Design and develop branded food packaging products alongside the Senior Construction Designer contributing to the category review process.
- Design and develop packaging solutions on behalf of customers from concept through to manufacture.
- Work with the wider business to ensure materials and manufacturing techniques are the best they can be.
- Develop and define packaging from briefs originating from both clients and colleagues alike, alongside ad hoc new product development work including self-generated creative projects
- Generate concepts using Artios CAD.
- Make revisions, additions, and improvements to archived designs.
- Work in collaboration with the Purchasing, Cut and Crease, Gluing, Laminating Finishing teams and Die Manager to ensure the compatibility of new designs with existing manufacturing facilities.
- Support continuous improvement projects in the manufacturing facility.
- Develop high level knowledge of manufacturing techniques and materials to advise sales team / customers on briefs and develop packaging solutions that maximise ROI.
- Produce layouts for estimating and die making.
- Create technical dimensional drawings.
- Make samples and prototypes from a wide range of boards, using Kongsberg Folding Carton Samples making table, maintaining attention to detail.
- Work in conjunction with external packaging design agency to best assign work.
- Work alongside the team and partner manufacturers to develop the packaging products to fit production lines in prospect and customer facilities.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You will be able to prioritise workload in line with deadlines across the business.
- Proportionate contribution to achieving Product Design team's work in a rapid, reliable and effective way.
- Have proven recent and relevant experience in cartonboard construction design which demonstrates high levels of creativity to exceed expectations in delivering innovative and creative packaging solutions.
- Experience within the food packaging environment would be advantageous but not necessary.
- A self-starter approach with a positive 'can do' attitude, able to demonstrate excellent communication, organisational, technical, and creative skills in order to advise on and design an ever evolving range of paperboard packaging, primarily for the retail and food service sectors
- Demonstrate a strong and genuine interest, as well as a creative flair, for packaging and its associated markets to contribute taking pride in a strong NPD programme as part of a creative team.
- Work with the Marketing team to develop innovative and unique products that reflect emerging food and eating trends from around the world.
- Confident on various routine IT software so that data-entry is accurate and appropriate.
- Excellent communications skills, verbally, interpersonally and in writing across a range of mediums such as email, group calls, etc.
- Calm, organised, helpful, and flexible with a willingness to learn and help others as a team player.
- Be able to work to deadlines and work under pressure, multi-tasking to adjust priorities in a constantly changing environment using well-organised administration to support.