NEW VACANCY! (PK6922)
PRODUCT DEVELOPER - LUXURY PACKAGING
COMMUTABLE FROM HERTFORDSHIRE / BEDFORDSHIRE
Salary Guide: Up to £40K - Flexible for the right candidate
Our client is a luxury packaging company who develop, produce & supply packaging and gifting products, turning ideas into reality for the world's best companies. Their expertise, commitment to quality, and first-class customer service makes our client the number-one trusted partner.
Our client's industry experience and creative resource help some of the world's best brands connect with consumers. The team is amongst the most experienced in the industry and they are currently looking for Product Developer who will be responsible for developing and delivering luxury packaging and gifting projects for Beauty and Spirits brands with their partner manufactures.
- Work closely with internal sales colleagues to understand brief opportunities and restrictions.
- Provide product development and technical leadership for assigned projects.
- Be responsible for product specification set up, including quality requirements.
- Ensure projects are managed tightly and are kept within agreed timings.
- With support from colleagues and third parties, be responsible for the success of outsourced production and delivery.
- Be responsible for ongoing relationships with selected global manufacturers. Play a lead role in the development of new sourcing strategies.
- Ensure cost prices are optimised and remain competitive through market intelligence, expertise and negotiation.
- Ensure all areas of technical specification, CPA, QA and QC are thoroughly documented.
- Maximise profits through lean purchasing, payment negotiation.
- Identify reliable, cost competitive, quality suppliers in Asia, Europe and other areas worldwide.
- Manage relevant regulatory and certification requirements relating to Safety, CSR, REACH, etc.
- Drive the company's innovative approach with clients by keeping abreast of latest industry trends, practices, products and techniques.
- Proactively identify, recommend, and implement improvements to working practices.
Requirements / Preferences:
- Excellence in delivering high value, high quality packaging projects to luxury brands.
- A passion for product.
- Excellent experience in developing complex items directly with Far East manufacturers.
- Good business sense, financial management, good negotiation skills, flexible, organised, self- sufficient.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality requirements for the development of packaging and gifting products.
- Understanding of Social and Ethical Compliance especially in relation to safe working conditions and practices within factories
- Highly motivated, results driven.
- Understanding of commercial artwork and printing
- Creative touch with the ability to put ideas on paper and use of Adobe Illustrator an advantage.
- Able to travel to mainland China and other Asia Pacific countries as well as occasionally to Europe.
- Team player.
- Adept at fostering and maintaining strong working relationships at all levels of seniority, both with external organisations and internal personnel.