Product Testing Supervisor
Based in Shropshire
Job ref: CST/45381
Our client is a world leading technology led organization with over 90 years’ experience focusing on plastics, composites and rubber industries; and providing trusted solutions by integrating science, technology and business expertise. The Product Testing Laboratory supplies engineering testing services to leading first tier automotive companies, OEMs and Industrial organisations. It works at both Design Validation and Product Validation phases and, in particular, specialises in testing for fluid lines, vapour hoses and hydraulic hoses as well as other products that requires vibration, stress and environmental analysis.
This is an exciting role which offers a great opportunity to supervise a growing and dynamic product testing laboratory. The ideal candidate will be a Mechanical Engineer (Physics or Automotive Engineering qualifications will also be considered) with experience within an industrial or testing environment. You will also have people supervisory skills.
· Supervise the product testing activities for customers, whilst adhering to the client’s test specifications / requirements and ISO 17025 systems and procedures
· Ensure all testing projects are delivered on time, within agreed budgeted cost and right first time Technical Reports
· Direct and facilitate investigations, resolving validation failures, process deviations, abnormal results, customer complaints and inquiries, and other quality performance indicators
· Oversee the S&OP process for the department, for all testing projects through the test bays and for sub-projects sourced to other departments or third-parties, ensuring that project timelines and planned costs are achieved
· Conduct routine testing, as a member of the team, to achieve billable hour targets
· Ideally degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Automotive Engineering or similar qualification
· Minimum 3 years’ direct work experience in an industrial or product testing environment within an ISO17025 or similar quality system. Good understanding of environmental testing, vibration testing and pressure testing.
· Ideally experience in the Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial, Engineering or related industry, with a mix of product development and manufacturing operations. Knowledge of how the Tier 1 Automotive supply base works is an advantage
· Proven experience in a supervisory role with demonstrable capability of leading and motivating a small team
· Excellent communication skills, able to deliver high profile presentations and produce a high standard of written work and technical reports
To apply please contact Conrad Taylor
0044 (0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Istanbul, Lyon, Göteborg, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Exhibiting at: Kunststoffen, Fakuma, ScanPack, Chemplast Expo, Packaging Innovations, ArabPlast