We are the world's leading provider of customised solutions for automation in the meat industry, including stun tools & cartridges and are looking to recruit a Production Manager for our site in the West Midlands.
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000
· Bonus circa 8%
· 25 Days Annual Leave, plus Stats
· 5 x Life insurance
· Family Medical Cover, including Dental and Optometry
LOCATION: Sutton Coldfield
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Coventry, Derby, Leamington Spa
JOB DESCRIPTION: Production Manager / Operations Manager : Automation Solutions - Food Production / Meat Processing
Overseeing the entire production and logistics of a small batch production operation, producing stun tools, used in meat processing. The production department operates in 3 cells, including: machining, assembly & final finishing and warehouse & purchasing. You will be responsible for a team of 9 people, employed in the functions described above.
Key elements of the role include, but are not limited to:
· Production Planning
· Negotiating with suppliers
· Ensuring safety stocks are in place
· Managing stock and work allocation using EFACS
· Working within the team to achieve monthly sales targets
· Producing monthly group reports
· New orders into production
· Maintaining lead times of categories on the system
· Maintaining target stock levels using sales and trends, highlighting any issues to Supply Chain
· Communicating target stock levels
REQUIREMENTS: Production Manager / Operations Manager : Automation Solutions - Food Production / Meat Processing
· EFACS experience
· Ability to use Excel and windows
· Team player
· Cell manufacturing on high value production
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Production Manager / Operations Manager : Automation Solutions - Food Production / Meat Processing
· Qualified to ONC Mechanical Engineering or above
· Well organised and focused
· Strong communicator, both written and verbally
Established over 100 years, we are the world's leading provider of customized solutions for automation in the food industry, other hygiene-sensitive industries and supply industry. We are especially known for our high quality stun tools and cartridges used at the front end of meat processing
The company has recently been through a period of change which could lead to the Production Manager taking over as General Manager, in time.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Mechanical Production, Production Planning, Materials Planning, Logistics
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
Basic: £40-45k + Bonus circa 8% + 25 Days Annual Leave