NEW VACANCY! (PK7212)
PRODUCTION MANAGER - EXTRUSION, PRINT & CONVERSION
£Salary dependant on level of experience + Benefits ( Pension, Life & Accident Insurance etc)
Hours: Day Shift
Our client is a well established, 24hr manufacturer delivering dedicated production of extruded, printed and converted flexible packaging. Due to continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth and investment into capital equipment and infrastructure, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and self-motivated Production Manager to complement their successful team.
The Production Manager will be key to organise, optimise and oversee the manufacturing of Extrusion, Print and Conversion departments. You will be ultimately responsible for the day to day smooth running of key production areas and the quality of output.
You will have hands on knowledge of extrusion, printing and conversion production processes and procedures, and the ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance which will set you apart as a leader. Performance optimisation, decision-making and problem-solving will take up a great part of your day.
The goal is to ensure efficient and productive manufacturing processes that meet customer requirements.
- Manage production processes and implement actions to obtain results
- Organise workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Liaise with planning to ensure optimised work flow
- Ensure the timescale for job completion is optimised
- Determine and implement Continuous Improvement and Lean initiatives to improve production performances
- Ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to
- Analyse production and quality control to detect and correct problems
- Support the purchasing of raw materials
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organise necessary interventions for improvement
- Determine amount of necessary resources required to deliver production schedule (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- Identify training needs
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Enforce health and safety precautions
- Ensure that production is cost effective
- Proven experience as a Team Leader or Production Manager
- Ideally with hands on conversion, flexo print and extrusion experience to include daily set up
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and KPI Tracking
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organisational and leaderships skills