NEW VACANCY! (PK6093)
(Please contact me for location details)
Attractive Salary + Other Benefits
The holiday entitlement is 25 days per year, and the other various benefits include: Pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefit, bonus scheme, life assurance plan and child care vouchers
Our client is a leading flexible packaging manufacturer supplying a range of high quality packaging into food markets.
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Production Manager in an operational management role to orchestrate daily production meetings, deliver all operational elements and adherence to the time plan.
- Provide dedicated key support to the Operations Manager and be the main contact for business partners/support functions.
- Hold daily production meetings, deliver the operational elements and adherence to the plan.
- Management of Shift / Line Managers.
- Escalate issues to the Operations Manager as appropriate.
- This role leads the Print Department to achieve budgeted production targets and controls consumable costs to ensure compliance with budget.
- Conduct focussed job cost reviews, understanding the key levers to improving overall financial performance through operational excellence.
- The Production Manager must have P&L awareness and will support the Operational Manager in driving down the cost to produce for a given value stream.
- Maintaining all processing equipment effectively and efficiently.
- Working closely with Production teams to minimise downtime and maximise reliability so that the site can meet and beat production targets.
- Formal printing qualification or transferrable process knowledge
- Formal line management qualification
- Good standard of Maths and English
- Good I.T. skills
- Good understanding of Safe Working systems and policies
- Experience of Continuous Improvement & Lean Manufacturing would be advantageous
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment
0161 485 8888