NEW VACANCY (PK6646)
Hours of Working: Double Days - 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm
Circa £35K (Negotiable Depending on Experience) + Overtime
Our client is a leading corrugated packaging manufacturer, supplying to a variety of markets throughout the UK, they have made vast investment into the business over the past few years and have experienced significant growth and increase in workload. They are now looking to expand as a company and doing a major recruitment drive.
They are looking to recruit a Production Supervisor to join their team. Your role will be to lead, organise and plan daily operations within the primary operational production areas, ensuring that all jobs are completed on time and to quality standards whilst meeting customer requirements.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Supervise all human resources effectively ensuring recruitment, training, appraisals and discipline are coordinated to reach departmental goals, work with the management team to maintain records and to consistently, promptly and effectively respond to discipline and motivational issues.
- Actively gauge moral in the team and take action to address issues and provide support as required/ is necessary, organise the departmental resources to meet the output and quality requirements of the production plan (Customer demand).
- Monitor day by the hour performance (When in place) and work with individuals to meet daily performance targets.
- Where issues outside of direct control may lead to missing demand, bring suggested solutions to managers for discussion / agreement.
- Maintain a daily focus upon the 5Ms (Material, Machines, Manpower, Methods and Measurements), Observing any abnormalities and reacting to prevent disruption to the flow of product through the processes under your control.
- Seek out improvements and encourage an environment of active continuous improvement
- Make clear and effective decisions on day to day activities within direct sphere of influence and through consultation with management obtains clear direction on areas outside of direct influence / control / authority.
- Provide clear communication of decisions to team.
- Develop the department skill level by daily coaching, teamworking activities and by promoting/organising individual and team based learning activities.
- Maintains SQDCL tracking boards.
- Understand Pareto Charts, identifies action plans, chases down actions, gaining support from resources outside of the department.
- Communicate departmental and company information to the team.
- Liaises and communicates with other departments keeping management and operational staff informed of issues and actions that may impact them or their teams.
- Ensure that the relevant quality system procedures are trained, followed and maintained in the department and cells.
- Promote continuous improvement and a quality consciousness culture within the team
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environment legislation as well as the company practice are clearly understood and are followed in the business.
- Train, Establish and Maintains Lean Fundamentals in the department/cells including 5S, TPM, standard WIP, Standard set ups, as required set all department machines for production or training purpose
The Ideal Candidate:
- Knowledge & Experience in the Cardboard industry an advantage
- Supervisory experience essential, experience of supervision in a lean environment is a big positive.
- Technical /process skills are essential, customer focused, committed to quality and continuous improvement
- Experience at dealing with objections,safety and environmentally conscious
- Clear effective communicator verbally and across cultures, can practice open and honest communication, whilst maintaining an effective relationship
- Consistently meets agreed targets with internal and external customers, effectively plan your time to achieve goals
- Can seamlessly adapt actions plans and behaviours to meet the needs of individuals at all levels, can adjust strategy & action plans to meet the changes of business conditions
- Work the hours needed to cover and manage the shifts
- Can discuss and negotiate with others
- Continuously acts with the customer in mind, by demonstrating knowledge of the business through tailoring activities to meet both Internal & External customers
- Go the extra mile to meet/exceed customer satisfaction & give a personal touch, verify that you really understand the needs of the customer.
- Independently reviews skills required for the position and actively seeks methods to improve any areas of development
- Can critically analyse completed projects to learn from mistakes and consistently apply new learning to future tasks/projects
- Proactively seeks constructive feedback and adapts behaviour accordingly
- Identifies the developmental needs of the people; constructs and executes development plans.
- Looks for opportunities in allocating tasks to develop people.
- Conducts frequent review and feedback discussions to develop direct reports; is a people builder
- Fluent communicator in describing how their work fits to the bigger picture
- Can inspire and motivate individuals to and/or organisation; communicates a vision or sense of purpose.