NEW VACANCY! (PK7137)
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - PACKAGING
HOURS: 8:30AM - 5PM MON-FRI
Salary Guide: Up to £35K
Our client has been established for over 40 years and specialise in producing a bespoke range of high quality cartons, boards and trays for a range of market sectors including the food industry
Our client is looking to recruit one / two Production Supervisors to join their team
20 Direct reports: Maintenance Technician, Inspector, Goods in/Fork Lift and Machine Operators
Please note my client is fluid regarding the duties and is also interested in candidates with planning experience - 1 or 2 positions available
- To manage the shift and all direct staff on a day shift currently.
- To ensure the smooth running of the production process.
- To ensure that all products are produced to the specified specifications.
- Target and deadlines are met to achieve the orders.
- To ensure that all direct staff comply with the company's Health and Safety procedures.
- The role really suits someone who likes being hands on day to day.
- To take full responsibility of the shift in terms of management of staff, management of production and quality targets and to ensure the smooth running of the production processes
- To take full responsibility of the quality and product that is produced within the shift in line with the company's quality systems, processes and procedures
- Manage, develop and motivate direct reporting staff
- Monitor, measure and report on production related process performance, general issues
- To ensure good communication is given either verbally or written to all members of staff
- To ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to during the shift and all matters relating to this are dealt with using the resources within the company in line with the companies Health and Safety policy
- Problem solving and troubling shooting skills are used to ensure that all team members can identify root causes and take fast effective action to resolve the problems in hand
- To work closely with other Shift Supervisors to ensure production handovers are effective communications tools
- To ensure that the training skills are met for current and future demands of the shift
- To have an active role in the companies continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for future growth within the company
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- All employees are responsible for ensuring company resources are used in an effective manner to ensure best operating costs
- Be able to make appropriate decisions while following the company's organisational structure
- Maintaining high level of timekeeping is of the essence
Training will be included: Understanding the principle of setting up of all production units, in line with company's quality system, processes and procedures. Completing and updating of Production jobs and schedules, to ensure an efficient production turn around.
This will be done under management discretion.