NEW VACANCY! (PK6716)
PRODUCTION/TRANSPORT PLANNER- CORRUGATED PACKAGING
£NEGOTIABLE (Depending On Experience)
Working Hours - Monday to Friday, 39 hours per week as agreed between the hours of 8am and 6pm. The exact start and finish times will be agreed with the right candidate. sign and production of large format, heavy-duty packaging solutions. With cutting-edge manufacturing techniques they provide tailored solutions to companies both large and small.
This is a very important role within the business as the planning function can foresee any waves that could disrupt standard business practice. The Production/Transport planner will be able to remove the noise of customer dissatisfaction, by ensuring orders are delivered on time in full and communicating any inefficiencies clearly with the relevant department. Ensuring everyone is aware and able to communicate with the customers/suppliers, the needs within the business.
- Plan all work to appear on all shop floor display units (SFDU'S) efficiently, economically and time specific.
- Ensure that best practice and minimal downtime is maintained throughout the day.
- Leading on to planning all deliveries using our own fleet of vehicles and outside haulage, ensuring the best rates are utilised, 'on time' deliveries achieved and drivers' hours are used within government guidelines.
- Schedule production according to demand and production targets, as well as quality standards.
- Furnish the office with appropriate lead times so they can manage customer expectations.
- There will be a requirement for continuous improvement of scheduling systems and processes.
- Work closely with all department heads to ensure a smooth flow within the business.
- Communicate a need for overtime or transport by looking at the forward plan and discuss accordingly.
- Previous Production planning experience essential
- Previous Transport planning experience essential
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Use of Spocs will be advantage
The Production/Transport planner will need to have excellent communication skills and will be highly organised, whilst being flexible and able to rapidly adapt to changing priorities.