NEW VACANCY - PK6118
QUALITY & C.I MANAGER - PRINTED LABELS
SCOTLAND - Please contact me for further location details
Salary £40-45K + Incentive bonus + 35 days holiday + workplace pension.
Our client is a leading international manufacturer of high quality printed complex labels. Specialising in high-end, unique and complex self-adhesive labelling solutions for promotional or functional use in a variety of paper and synthetic materials. All produced in house in a variety of print formats from Flexo, Digital, Offset and Silkscreen with additional decoration facilities such as holographic foils.
There is a current requirement for someone with a print background to take on responsibilities for Quality Management and Continuous Improvement. To provide complete support to the business for all quality aspects of the product. To ensure that customers' needs are met and they experience consistent, concise and accurate service levels from the company. To ensure that all R&D is coordinated, managed and documented through the business. To lead technical innovation and to enhance the business development offering to deliver training across the business with a philosophy of continuous improvement.
European travel is a necessity for this role. ISO:9001 experience is necessary, BRC accreditation and PS9000 would be an advantage but my client can offer training.
- Quality Compliance Regulation - Review the quality system as appropriate to ensure full compliance with customer and company best practice guidelines and maximise effectiveness of production contributing to consistent operational performance and standards whilst ensuring conformance to ISO9001:2008 and PS9000:2001 and environmental standards and accreditations
- Manage the customer complaint procedure; facilitate the investigation of quality problems, faults and non-conformances with production teams; manage corrective and preventative problems to ensure quality standards are maintained. Initiate and control robust investigations to provide corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) and support the complaints handling process and participate in implementing improvement actions to prevent re-occurring issues.
- The facilitation of customer facing activities and communications including customer visits, responses and preparation of information whilst leading multi -site audit activities (external body, internal and customer)
- Lead quality initiatives and focus groups to support knowledge and understanding of all operatives and grow awareness of quality issues to improve quality
- Develop an Integrated Quality Management System including quality and environmental
- Business Improvement - Lead improvements to enhance quality system and ensure optimum process in place to meet customer specifications whilst maximising production
- Produce data and present reports for site, customers and corporate as required.
- Identify improvement projects and continuous improvement initiatives in line with site and corporate requirements to improve quality and safety and work with colleagues to implement these
- Support senior leadership team in introducing systems and procedures to enhance operating effectiveness and efficiencies
- Take on other projects and responsibilities as required.
Incentive bonus + 35 days holiday
0161 485 8888