We are looking for an experienced Quality Manager with experience within a Food Manufacturing or Food Packaging environment to join our busy and exciting team.
You will report to the Operations manager for all quality processes and procedures and liaise extensively not only internally but also externally with customers. Your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Upkeep and maintenance of the quality management systems
- Develop QA processes and procedures then training of staff
- Ensuring that quality processes and procedures are being adhered to throughout the business
- Internal and external auditing
- Ensuring conformity to Customer standards.
- QC of raw materials and quarantine of any contaminated material
- Have full responsibility for all QA staff.
- Look at & implement CI opportunities within your department & in conjunction with the wider team.
- Able to build good relationships with all the other internal departments.
- Produce reports for Management on a daily, weekly & monthly basis.
- Produce reports for Customers with the relevant data.
- Lead site audits & have face-to-face meetings with Customers & able to build good relationships with Customers.
The ideal candidate
You will be an experienced Quality Assurance Manager or Senior Supervisor who has experience of working in the food, drinks or packaging industry. Other industries may be accepted providing you can demonstrate the following:
skills and experience:
- Must have experience of working within Quality Assurance within any of the following: food industry, confectionery, drinks or food industry
- Ideally you will have knowledge of BRC standards
- Ideally you will have advanced food hygiene qualification
- Knowledge of HACCP
- Knowledge of COSHH would be beneficial but is not essential
- Auditing experience
- Quality assurance experience
- Experience of dealing with the major multiples would be beneficial
- Excellent administrative skills ensuring batch paperwork is complete
- Knowledge of track & trace procedures.
We have an excellent culture and friendly welcoming team with various routes for progression.
Please get in touch now should you find this role of interest. Salary dependent upon experience.
£40K + Holiday’s 25 days + bank holidays.