A well-established drinks specialist has an opening within their dynamic team. They are on the search for a Quality Manager to be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the smooth running of the Technical Department. As Quality Manager you will report directly to the Technical Manager, providing technical support throughout the operation.
Your role as Quality Manager will be to take accountability for process monitoring and for the quality of finished products that pass through the site. You will ensure that all products are processed in accordance with the specification, to meet the demands of the bottling programme and relevant legislation.
Main responsibilities as this premier drinks company’s Quality Manager will be:
- Effectively manage the Quality department and work with management in the development of technical manufacturing standards
- Manage, control, train, discipline and assess staff to meet the requirements of the job and the quality system
- Effectively prioritise, co-ordinate and control all tasks, materials and human resources to ensure efficient continuity of work and flow of information through the department
- Assist the Technical Manager in the effective management and control of costs in line with budgeted requirements
- Identify, plan and implement continuous training and development programmes which enhance department and people skills in line with IIP principles and to ensure best practices in training and development of Technical staff
- Ensure product is bottled to the highest possible quality standards and complies with all HMCE and TS requirements and meets the needs of the customers specification and time requirements
- Maintain a high degree of both product and personal safety in accordance with HSE, EHO & HMCE requirements, ensuring adherence to all legislative requirements.
- Build trusted relationships with the suppliers on technical matters and where necessary prepare reports, host and attend meetings on and off site.
- Maintain ISO 9001:2015 within the business and ensure employees conform to specified procedures and standards
- Maintain HACCP within the business and ensure employees conform to specified procedures and standards
- Lead customer and third-party external audits on site. Recommend and implement new accreditations where necessary
- Responsible for control and monitoring of departmental risk assessments, health and safety and COSSH
- Control non-conforming finished products and packaging in accordance with the documented procedure
- Act as an authorised signatory for departmental documents e.g. Procedures, invoices, supplier approval, contracts, receipt analysis and certificates of analysis
Skills and experience you’ll need as Quality Manager:
- Degree educated in a food related discipline, with at least 2 years’ experience in a quality role
- Sound working knowledge of BRC and / or ISO principles. Preferably fully conversant with the latest Tesco Manufacturing standard and applicable M&S codes of practice
- Wines and Spirits Educational Trust Higher Certificate, preferably Diploma level
- Good administration skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of discipline with the daily compliance of hygiene standards, product quality adherence and personnel
- Proven track record of Team working and continuous improvement objectives
- Previous man-management experience
- IT skills to support and enhance laboratory performance
- Fully conversant with legislation enforced by trading standards, environmental health and the foods standards agency including the wine and spirits branch