A new opportunity to join a global leader as a Packaging Engineer within the R & D team to support in driving amazing food brands even further.
Working within the development & manufacture of many well-loved brands with a long heritage, we are a bright, forward thinking company always striving for a new way to develop and market better products, helping to enhance the lifestyle of consumers.
Reporting into the Global Packaging R&D Manager this role will be support the UK and European regions packaging activity across our new products, core renovation and margin improvement projects.
Other key responsibility will include:
- Provide packaging leadership and support to UK and EU regions.
- Develop and maintain a packaging pipeline aligned with global and regional business priorities.
- Develop new and innovative packaging material solutions that meet customer & consumer needs while protecting product quality & food safety requirements.
- Provide packaging support to product innovation and core renovation projects.
- Identify and support packaging Total Delivered Cost improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with packaging Operations, Procurement and key suppliers to deliver to global and regional plans.
- What will make you successful?
To be successful in this position you need to demonstrate passion, collaboration and ability to think outside the box &.....
- Educated to degree level in packaging technology and or relevant scientific or engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in a packaging position, preferable in a food or beverage related environment.
- Strong knowledge of packaging materials (carton board, corrugated board, and flexible film), packing equipment (VFFS, HFFS, flow-wrapper) and print processes is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate that you have managed and lead projects end to end.
- Ability to demonstrate influencing skills across of levels is essential.
- Previous experience working cross functionally with a number of stakeholders is key.
- This opportunity will provide you with real ownership and accountability, offering you development both individually and as part of a highly skilled team.
up to c£65k p.a (basic/car allowance) + bonus & benefits package