This is a field based role involving travel between various UK sites. Our client is a manufacturer of leading British food brands with some of the best-loved food brands in the UK.
The role will be responsible for ….
• The development of packaging and the delivery of major projects & all project types (NPD, Innovation, Value Engineering, Sustainability projects Process improvement) to support growth and innovation targets.
• Management of the NPD approval process (stage gate process) and packaging development tasks from concept, through trials and implementation to launch, managing due diligence requirements at each stage.
• Input into the innovation capture process for front ends concept builds in order to fill the pipeline with ideas based around new technologies and brand platforms. Input into R&D Packaging trial budget.
• Supporting the commissioning of new packaging equipment and packing lines working with group engineering
• Contribution to critical path for major projects – stage gate process – owning packaging development timelines
The ideal candidate will have ….
• Technical / Packaging qualified to degree level or equivalent
• Valid driving licence
• IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Excel - intermediate, Word, PowerPoint – specifications
• Able to manage several projects to agreed schedules with cross functional teams
• Creative, innovative and investigative - curious
• Experience of project management and knowledge of Stage-Gate processes – owning and managing their part of the project
• Working knowledge of the food industry, packaging industry, suppliers and the properties and application of a wide range of packaging materials and formats
• A working knowledge of flexible film packaging, performance and structure
• 3 years’ + experience in Food packaging
• Experience of using software such as CAPE, Oracle
What we can offer …..
- An opportunity to be part of a high performing leadership team producing some of the UKs favorite brands
- The chance to work with industry-leading technology, generous workplace pension scheme and company bonus
- 25 Holidays + all Bank Holidays
- Company car
- Access to exclusive benefits, free advice and savings - providing great discounts from thousands of the UKs largest retailers & service providers.
- Subsidised staff restaurant
up to £48k (DoE)