The parent company to a number of iconic British brands has an opportunity for an R&D Packaging Technologist to join them on a fixed term contract. The purpose of this role will be to support the development of packaging for new and existing products, conduct testing of finished packs to assist the setting of quality standards and work with suppliers on improving the technical performance on existing packaging within the R&D Team. We are looking for a logical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and great attention to detail while producing accurate trial reports and results.
- Support the development of new packaging materials and formats along with the continuous improvement in packaging materials across the portfolio
- Act as the packaging specialist on NPD, EPD & RD project teams as required
- Work with R&D and Ops/Engineering to understand material/packaging performance in Operations
- Attend and support Operations Production with packaging issues on the lines
- Arrange and coordinate trials including trial paperwork generation, management of paperwork and being present at arranged trials as part of continuous improvement of existing packaging
- To agree trial materials and dates with suppliers and internally for trials to hit deadlines.
- Write and maintain packaging specifications
- Assist the R&D Packaging Technical team with NPD and EPD projects
- Attend external and internal visits with suppliers to support maintaining relationships and develop packaging as part of NPD, EPD or CI projects.
- Conduct testing on packaging to ensure it meets the specification and on finished packs to determine quality standards
- Support front end innovation work with packaging concepts
- Internal relationships: Packaging Warehouse, Production, Engineering, Planning, QA, Design, Marketing, R&D, Site Services, Site Development, Sales
- External relationships: Packaging suppliers
- Technical expertise in cartons, flexibles, corrugated and print processes.
- Technically qualified in Packaging or have a scientific studies background
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across all levels internally and externally
- Team player to respond to the needs of others around you and ensure that areas are covered when team members are away
- Excellent time management to manage projects to hit critical paths
- Ability to Work well under pressure remaining calm in order to prioritise especially while working with production
Badic Salary £30k to £35k + Benefits