A number of our clients are putting steps in place to prepare for life once it gets back to normal. This client, like many others, has instructed us to keep identifying potential candidates for the following role:
Our client has seen its best year since its establishment over 100 years ago. This is therefore a very exciting time to join this iconic group.
They are looking for a R&D Packaging Technologist to join their expanding in-house packaging team. This role will support the development of packaging for new and existing products; conduct testing of finished packs to assist the setting of quality standards; and work with suppliers on improving the technical performance on existing packaging within the R&D Team.
- Support the development of new materials and formats along with the continuous improvement in packaging materials across the group’s portfolio
- Act as the packaging specialist on project teams as required
- Work with R&D and Ops/Engineering to understand material/packaging performance in the factory
- Attend and support production with packaging issues on the production lines
- Arrange and coordinate trials including trial paperwork generation, management of paperwork and being present at arranged trials as part of continuous improvement of existing packaging
- Support development of packaging specifications
- Support and contribute to the R&D packaging agenda overall
- Assist the R&D Packaging Technical team with NPD and EPD projects
- Take part in visits and meetings with packaging suppliers, as part of NPD, EPD or CI projects
- Conduct testing on new packaging materials/formats as needed to ensure adherence to required specifications.
The following are key attributes our client is looking for:
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and able to communicate effectively across a range of stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent time management
- Takes a calm, logical approach to find a solution
- Has a strong attention to details and the ability to complete accurate trial reports and results
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, register with us at harrison-scott.com/candidates/register/
Please note that we will always seek candidates’ permission before sending a CV to clients.