NEW VACANCY! (PK7235)
REPRO / PRODUCTION CONTROLLER - PACKAGING
Salary is Open Depending on Experience + 26days + 8 bank holidays.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of Cartons with over 80 years' experience within the industry. They provide a varied range of cartons to the Food industry, working with all of the major UK retailers and numerous brand owners.
Our client has made significant investment and is going through an incredibly exciting period of growth. They are currently looking to recruit a Repro / Production Controller ideally with Packaging Experience
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ensure optimum plate production is maintained to ensure presses always have plates available to print
- Ensure plate files are present from Kairos in time for job to go to press
- Check and approve imposed proofs on Kairos system, for colour, content, bleed, varnish free
- Ensure plates are produced in accordance to daily press running lists.
- Create system to identify on plate bags if the hold the plate file at the company
- Ensure maintenance and upkeep of all components associated with CTP unit.
- Ensure maintenance and upkeep of all components associated with CTP -rip.
- Ensure maintenance and upkeep of all plate filing system.
- Responsible for data transfer and upkeep of all plate bag files onto computer storage.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained for plates and consumables at all times.
- Ensure all components are present in plate bags / w/o to press
- Report immediately (to manager) any queries you may have regarding your assigned tasks.
- Report any machine defects/faults to supervisor/manager.
- Keep working areas dust free and clean at all times.
- Report all health & safety issues to relevant manager or Company Health & Safety manager
- To support your manager and be aware of the need for teamwork within a busy department.
- To ensure all documentation is completed and correct.
- To support the company in minimizing wastage costs in equipment, heat, light and power.
- All tasks must be carried out to the agreed company standard.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by a member of the management team