NEW VACANCY! (PK6856)
REWINDER - LABELS OR FLEXIBLE PACKAGING
Salary up to £21K + 23 days holiday plus bank holidays + Company Pension Scheme
Based on weekly rotating shift pattern: Early and late shift 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday and night shift 38¾ hours per week working Sunday to Thursday.
Our client is looking for a Rewinder to be part of a press team and be responsible for completing the finishing of the master printed reel to the clients packing specification. The operator transforms the printed product into a usable form through slitting, rewinding and counting, while carrying out inspection of the printed labels or reels. This role is critical to the production process and the success of delivering the company's products On Time and In Full (OTIF) to the customer.
- Ability to read and follow work order specifications;
- Setup and operation of Rewind Inspection Machines using hand tools;
- Verify size and alignment of rewind rolls;
- Inspect for quality and consistency of product while machine is operating and adjust as necessary;
- Identifying and removing all non-conforming products, set up and in-process waste
- Label all finished products and package all products in appropriate boxes;
- Ensure total quality through use of good manufacturing practice and company standard operating procedures;
- Operate fully 100% inspection unit/AVT System when rewinding the company's product.
- Share with other operator's inspection details with regard to historical jobs when required.
- Responsibly add operator comments to MIS system.
- Responsibility for keeping a clean & organised working environment.
- Overtime may be occasionally required in order to meet deadlines.
Experience in Rewinding / Inspection will be advantageous, but our client is also willing to train the right people with a commitment and a positive 'can do' attitude. You will have a minimum of 1 year working in production machine operation with responsibility for quality control and working to targets.
You must have:
- A willingness to learn and be part of a friendly, dedicated and hard-working team;
- Ability to work well in a high pressure environment;
- Strong communication and must be able to work well with others;
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
- Good basic IT skills, literacy and numeracy;
- Good colour perception (Must pass colour vision test)