NEW VACANCY (PK6819)
INTERNAL SALES MANAGER - CARTONS AND BESPOKE PACKAGING
WORCESTERSHIRE / GLOUCESTERSHIRE / HEREFORDSHIRE
£Open (Flexibility for the right candidate) + Commission + Car / Car Allowance
*** please note my client will consider a candidate looking to take a step up into a management role ***
Our Client is a successful manufacturer of cartons and high-end packaging products, focussing on selling into the food and retails market sectors. They are currently looking to recruit a Sales Manager to increase and maximise profitability in line with the strategy of the business, who will report to the Director.
This role is focussed on managing the internal sales team (5/6), ideally the chosen candidate will be office based although there will be weekly travel to clients and prospective clients across the UK.
- Managing a team of 5/6 internal sales people
- The candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the field sales function, increasing revenue and profits in line with company strategy.
- Build and develop relationships with key retailers to maximise opportunities in target sectors.
- Facilitate the link between Customer Service and Sales teams, encouraging strong relationships in order to achieve the best results for their customers and the business.
- Carry out the role of a Business Development Manager to the highest standards, developing and implementing strategies to meet their own agreed targets
- Lead the team of Business Development Manager's, setting exemplary personal standards and providing support, coaching, training and utilising appropriate management tools to instil a desire to excel and enable them to realise their potential
- Develop and agree sales budgets in line with strategy and to agreed timelines in order to provide specific goals and KPI's and a strategy to achieve them
- Provide timely feedback and report progress formally on a monthly basis to the Sales Director on all areas of department performance
- Suggest and implement improvements to the Sales function to support the continuous improvement of the business
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience selling printed folded cartons and bespoke packaging ideally although the client will consider other packaging backgrounds
- Proven experience of successfully leading and developing a high-performing team
- Excellent knowledge of the products, services and capabilities of the business
- A very good grasp of their customers, their scale and diversity, the markets in which they operate and some 'end use' product knowledge
- High level of self-motivation and the ability to motivate others
- Excellent communicator and negotiator at all levels with customers, suppliers and employees
- Diplomacy, patience, reliability and resilience
- High level of accuracy
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Willingness to continually learn and improve
- Extremely flexible approach