Region: Berkshire & Hampshire
Package: Basic salary up to £55,000 (dependent on experience)
company car/allowance, lucrative bonus/OTE & excellent PLC Benefits
Sector: Packaging Distribution
Macfarlane Group, the UK’s largest packaging distributor are actively hiring for a sales manager to take charge of our field-based sales team covering the wider Berkshire & Hampshire region. We boast an enviable track record of growth and are a committed equal opportunities employer that champions ‘dignity in the workplace’. Our focus is to provide our customers with a seamless end-to-end packaging solution that helps to reduce costs and increase efficiencies. Appointing and developing effective sales leaders across our business is central to our continued growth.
The Sales Manager Role
Reporting to the Regional Business Manager and working closely with the Sales Director, this hands-on sales management position is focused on driving high levels of sales team performance through the application of ‘world class’ sales methodologies.
The role carries overall responsibility for recruiting, coaching, objective setting and developing the sales team aligned to strategic objectives and company sales processes, designed to drive sales growth, and expand our customer base (including some of the biggest brands within the retail, e-commerce, industrial & technology sectors).
Sales Manager Key Responsibilities
- Drive the regional sales team to achieve product penetration of existing customers and the winning of new customer accounts
- Through sales accompaniment activities, coach, motivate, and mentor sales teams in the field, championing Macfarlane’s ‘world class’ sales processes and customer value propositions
- Oversee the development of individual sales plans & implementation of new sales initiatives, strategies, and programs to help identify, approach, and close key customers
- Conduct monthly sales meetings and individual performance reviews with the sales teams to agreed sales and profit targets and Company KPI’s
- Thoroughly understand clients’ industry/sector, current state, and positioning to match client needs & exceed expectations with client centric solutions
- Attend senior sales management meetings and work closely with the Sales Director in contributing to sales strategy & innovation.
- Work with the Sales Director and senior leadership team to help shape and develop culture, uphold values, understand, and promote a coherent vision
- Undertake and lead sales recruitment campaigns for your region as required
- Take the regional lead on co-ordination of all customer tenders, ensuring customer requirements are fully communicated and our best proposition is achieved
- Work collaboratively with National Accounts and senior colleagues to co-ordinate multi-sited UK and European grouped customer opportunities
Do you have the correct profile?
We welcome your application if you are an experienced senior sales professional who can demonstrate a strong track record of sales performance and has the genuine ambition to make a difference to our business in taking on this key role. You will bring natural leadership skills, an ability to drive performance, and be confident in setting/forecasting & monitoring budgets. You will be highly organised, able to perform within a dynamic sales environment and be comfortable in managing a high volume of projects and deadlines. Whilst a packaging sales background would be advantageous, this is not essential, although we must insist on a background in distribution-based solution selling.
Our business can tailor an attractive remuneration package to reflect the level of responsibility and provide incentives designed to reward. These include…
- Competitive basic salary commensurate with experience
- Attractive performance/profit linked bonus scheme
- Company vehicle or opt-out option to take annual car allowance
- 25 days annual leave plus all bank holidays
- Leave entitlement increases with service & additional ‘holiday purchasing scheme’
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee discount scheme
In joining our business within this key role, you can expect to receive a structured development plan which will include access to formal management qualifications and ILM/CMI accreditation. Coupled with this, you shall also benefit from working closely with some of the industry’s most experienced and successful professionals.
This is a key appointment whereby we will be working to identify and review the very best of applicants swiftly in the hope of selecting our favoured candidate to commence with us ASAP to make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. All applications will be acknowledged, shortlisted applicants normally hearing from us within a week or two. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of our process, although if you haven’t heard from us within a fortnight of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE