• The opportunity will also be of particular interest to candidates currently in an internally based role who are ambitious and looking to develop their careers to Sales Manager level. An extensive training programme covering all aspects of the production of paper and polythene flexible packaging, including company standards and procedures will be provided. The induction will involve learning a new / complex IT system.
• Please note that this is a predominantly office based role with the opportunity to periodically visit clients.
• The successful Candidate will have a Sales background with a Manufacturer of either Un/Printed Plastic or Paper Packaging - experience selling into the Retail sector is highly advantageous.
• There will be an opportunity to travel while training and developing your IT / Product, Market and Manufacturing Process expertise. The programme will involve spending time in various production departments in the UK and in Europe.
Our prestigious Client is a highly successful international packaging manufacturing company and the leader in paper & plastic Food Service packaging production for the Retail sector.
With state of the art European wide production capabilities and a commitment to R&D they lead the way when it comes to developing environmentally sustainable packaging solutions.
Continued expansion has led to a rarely available opportunity to join the established UK sales team at Sales Manager level. What makes this really stand out is that equal consideration will be given to those looking for career advancement to this level. Our core motivation is to find a resilient self-starter with ambition and a strong focus on results
This role will be responsible for identifying and winning new business as well as managing and developing existing customer accounts. Servicing both potential customers and existing ones will require the most outstanding levels of service and attention to detail. Strong communication skills are also vital in order to liaise with cross-functional internal teams including UK support team and manufacturing plants in Europe. Exuding charisma, the successful candidate will make a lasting impression on everyone met and will build deep-rooted relationships both internally and externally.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Achieve sales targets and KPIs in line with business requirements
• Generate new business and develop existing accounts as required
• Direct responsibility for all aspects of allocated prospects and customers
• Develop and execute clear and logical sales activity plans
• Establish contacts and meetings with new potential customers
• Prepare all aspects of client meetings and presentations to senior procurement and sourcing teams.
• Produce market reports and customer performance analysis
• Develop detailed product knowledge and an in depth understanding of the UK retail packaging market
Success in the above will derive from your ability to comfortably present and negotiate at senior level. If you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in winning and maintaining new business in a sales/account management position within the packaging sector (ideally flexible packaging or paper converting manufacturing) then we would love to hear from you.