We are working with a leading specialist packaging manufacturer to find the newest member of their customer service team. This is the chance to join a company which has experienced continued success through excellent customer service and competitive pricing. They use groundbreaking technology to produce innovative solutions that are tailored to each customers’ specific design or requirements.
They are looking for someone whose skills lie in interacting with people to provide the highest level of professional, pro-active, confidential and customer focussed support and assistance to the sales, operational and management team. This is an internally based role will provide the crucial ‘bridge’ between customers, purchasing, logistics and sales team to keep the office running in a smooth and efficient manner. It will be fast-paced and dynamic, involving handling inbound customer enquiries and processing sales and purchases orders.
It is therefore particularly important that we find someone who can multi-task and prioritise own workload and thrive working within a small office team environment. You must be assertive and confident when in pressured situations. This is a role where you will be expected to work on your own initiative with minimum supervision to achieve a high level of operational service. Candidates must be confident in their ability to work with a high degree of independence and autonomy: answering queries and resolving issues; proactively responding to incoming phone calls and emails. A relaxed and confident phone manner is a must.
A real team player is what our client is looking for – someone who won’t just focus on their own workload but who will work hard to maintain adequate and appropriate levels of cover and support to the sales team, minimising service disruption and maximising efficiency; manging team’s mail and email and their absence and providing guidance to other office admin staff.
Administrative tasks will include:
- Effectively screening all incoming phone calls, visits and other communications, initiating and co-ordinating actions with due regard to confidentiality and Data Protection using a customer centric approach.
- Creating, maintaining and reviewing the electronic and manual filing systems, researching and retrieving information.
- Maintaining customer, supplier and stock databases and records.
- Checking and authorising purchase invoices.
- Processing sales and purchase orders.
- Being the principal contact for the company’s logistical providers: responsibilities will include the coordination and administrative support of stock receipts and deliveries to customers.
- Maintaining the warehouse stocking plan.
- Supporting the company’s small manufacturing unit.
- Processing credit card/cash transactions.
Carrying out these tasks will therefore require a good level of proficiency in mathematics, English (written & verbal) combined with sound computer literacy (including Outlook email, MS Word/Excel & preferably previous experience of using a CRM system). You must also have a strong ability to retain information and data.
If you have a strong work ethic and an ability and willingness to learn quickly then we would love to hear from you.
DOE – up to £45k pa.