To project manage, through leadership of cross-functional teams, the end to end delivery of New Product introductions for this leading international luxury brand.
The role sits across Operations & Marketing.
Main responsibilities include :
- Developing technical readiness test plans to ensure all packaging components meet required substrate, structure and functionality standards, concluding in the creation of accurate material/component specifications. Ensure all new products are qualified within manufacturing and are fit for handover to operations
- Leading the core team through identification and resolution of overall project risks to ensure successful project execution. Ensuring the risk status is clearly communicated to all key stakeholders via the Global Gate Process. Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external supply partners to ensure successful project delivery.
- Leading new packaging structural developments that involve new line or consumer transformations, often requiring the identification of new test methods and execution of proof of principle tests (including new decorations, component structural changes, complex material changes & significant capital projects).
- Leading complex multidisciplinary communications across senior stakeholder/steering groups. Leading strategic conversations to influence the direction and outcome of product development with design agencies and senior brand teams.
- Initiating leadership of an area of continuous improvement for the NPD team. Be it systems, networks, technical, training or team performance / culture.
- Engaging, envisioning and influencing members of the multifunctional core team without the structure of a direct reporting line.
Skills & Qualifications required/essential :
- Degree Level qualified or equivalent e.g. Institute of Packaging Diploma or substantial experience in either an FMCG or packaging environment.
- Significant experience/expertise of packaging print processes and of packaging (glass, cartons, plastics etc.) and material componentry, its functionality and performance requirements.
- Proven extensive track record in Complex Project Management.
- Strong organisational skills and administrative aptitude as demonstrated via effective delivery of stakeholder requirements within a change environment.
- Good PC applications skills :Webspex, Microsoft Projects, Q-Pulse, Workflow, MSWord, Excel (competent user).