As a leading global FMCG food, drinks & nutrition company, our client uses a range of innovative materials, processes and delivery methods that position them as a global innovator, caring about the planet and its resources with the aim to make ALL their packaging recyclable or re-usable.
With sustainability high on the agenda, the packaging team are working hard to develop the most innovative end-to-end materials and process chain there is. Part of the process is analysing new materials and new ways of presenting and packaging our products. So, as a Fibre based Packaging Senior Specialist, there really hasn’t been a better time to come on-board and play your part in the wave of innovation that is central to their vision.
Qualifications/Skills/experience required ....
- Graduate (MSc or PhD) in Packaging Technology/Paper Technology/Material Science/Engineering or related subject
- Excellent knowledge at expert level of solid board, paper making, corrugated board and paper production and converting, coating and surface functionalization
- At least 5 years of industry experience within fibre-based packaging and at least 2 years of internal experience within R&D
- Experience managing interdisciplinary projects.
- Proven participation track in the international projects, conferences, industry associations or similar activities
- You will be working within a highly motivated and dedicated team & proactively define and drive the relevant Science & Technology roadmap and Innovation pipelines, leading to the development and deployment of novel ideas/technologies/methods to the business. More specifically on reducing environmental impacts with an emphasis on recycling and circularity, total delivered cost whilst maintaining class leading consumer-oriented functionality. Furthermore, you will enable active knowledge sharing and expertise building for the fibre-based packaging area within the company.
Other key responsibilities include ....
- Scout and assess state-of-the-art technologies and materials in the fibre-based packaging area
- Develop external collaborations, build and maintain relationships with key scientific and industrial partners
- Lead the technology platform for the area of expertise and ensure mastery of core technologies.
- Provide effective and sustainable packaging solutions using Best-In-Class standards and specifications.
- Provide critical reviews of scientific/technical content of internal and external projects.
- Lead competence development in the field of expertise through training and/or mentoring.
- Develop a certain level of expertise on fibre-based packaging within the group and coordinate succession planning
- Share knowledge and create networks with other communities of experts internally and externally
- What will make you successful ......
You will need to be a self-motivated individual who enjoys a challenge and is willing to take ownership of your work. Being a logical thinker, you are highly organised, comfortable with problem solving and have high levels of attention to detail. You will need to be comfortable working with and coaching multiple customers and senior stakeholders providing a high level of support and challenge.
£excellent basic & benefits package