NEW VACANCIES! (PK6711)
SENIOR PACKAGING TECHNOLOGIST
Our client is a global manufacturer of corrugated packaging products, they are currently looking to recruit a Senior Packaging Technologist
- Knowledge of Kasemake CAD software (or similar)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ideally worked in Corrugated / Carton board Structural Design
- A proven track record in developing packaging solutions
- A solid understanding of board / box manufacturing methods and tooling design
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work accurately under pressure
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, high workloads and delegate accordingly
- Good communication skills, with an ability to communicate in person and via network systems with all levels within the business
- Strong presentation skills
- Computer Literate on PC systems
The Ideal Candidate:
- Innovative thinker with a passionate for product development and sustainability
- Ability to work as part of a team, where all members 'muck-in and get their hands dirty'
- Reliable with good organisation skills and excellent time management
- Deliver market leading packaging concepts, meeting customers' requirements including digital and physical product mock-ups
- Pro-actively develop concepts for emerging markets, considering new materials and processes
- Managing the day-to-day workflow of the department, ensuring deadlines are met at a high standard.
- Provide expertise to lead problem solving, product testing / trialing and resolve packaging issues/quality concerns.
- Deliver Packaging projects from concept to go live including sampling, artwork management and product approval
- Mentoring and developing team members through a training and development programme
- Work with the NPD / Sales Team / Customer to ensure we have full understanding of brief and support as required to meet the product criteria.
- Designing and ordering tooling with key considerations of manufacturing efficiencies and print
- Ensuring product development process is fully documented through in-house systems.
- Full review of developed artworks to verify compliance with business requirements.
- Full responsibility for product sign-off and approval.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of innovation developments with packaging suppliers and machine manufacturers.
- Implementing new specifications and ensuring the team are adhering to the specifications, liaising with the Product Manager.
- Monitoring packaging efficiency impact on operational processes, from machine speeds to packing and pallet specification and ensure products are cost effective.
- Build and maintain relationships with the product and manufacturing teams to ensure a seamless process.
- Keeping up to date with appropriate technology and software (including training programmes) and ensuring equipment is serviced and well maintained.
- Main Point of contact - liaising and creating working relationships internally and within group and with immediate suppliers and couriers.
- Attending and presenting at site meetings with development opportunities and material innovations
- Responsible for ensuring yourself and the team are working in a safe and responsible manner, in line with health, safety and environmental obligations and ensuring machinery is well maintained