Senior Packaging Technologist Roles – Unilever R&D (Port Sunlight)
If you have a passion for packaging technology, building strategic partnerships and you want to make a real difference in a highly relevant space then this could be of interest to you.
In Unilever the role of packaging in our products is very important with increasing demands on our designs and material choices like never before.
At Unilever we are committed to ensuring that all our packaging is fully reusable, recyclable or compostable by 2025. We have also made some industry leading commitments around our plastic packaging that will increase our use of recycled plastic and reduce our overall plastic use.
We are on a mission to not only meet these commitments but to create consumer and brand experiences that last.
A number of positions are available and we are looking for inquisitive passionate and disruptive thinkers to join us in the creation and development of even better, more sustainable packaging that will shape the way people buy, consume and recycle, all over the world.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
The role will involve the identification and development of consumer relevant packaging technologies, that can be applied to our global brands from Dove to Persil. You will:
- Help to find and develop packaging technologies that meet the needs of our consumers, customers and planet. Engage with external suppliers and partners e.g. packaging suppliers, academia and start-ups, to help identify, evaluate and promote new packaging technologies.
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners to bring to life our packaging ambitions.
We are looking for people with the right attitude, mindset and competencies. Previous experience working in the packaging industry is important.
- Technical education – in engineering or science subject.
- A creative, logical and analytical mind
- Strong project management and organisation experience
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- A quick learner, not afraid to take the initiative and be proactive to get things done
- Enthusiasm and passion for what packaging, innovation and consumer experience can unlock for our brands, business and planet
What do we offer:
The opportunity to work within a business with that has real purpose and touches the lives of 2.5 Billion people every day.
The chance to be part of a diverse and ambitious team that is shaping the future packaging of over 400 brands across the globe.
Exciting career opportunities in a global, purpose led business
We are looking for the right people for our roles and our ambition, we are also open to talk about how our flexible working policies can make this role the right one for you.