Structural Designer who would revel in a demanding role supporting and facilitating cutting edge design projects for recognised brands required to join the Design department of one of the UK's largest corrugated packaging companies.
Senior Structural Designer | Corrugated Packaging | West Midlands | Attractive Salary
Very successful, growth oriented company focusing on sustainable HQPP and retail ready corrugated for the food and FMCG sectors, this company possess fully integrated state-of-the-art BRC/loP accredited integrated manufacturing facilities to produce both raw materials and high quality finished corrugated products. Well established as a high profile specialist within the industry, they are backed by in-house support services in design, graphics and packaging technology and are at the forefront of technological development and supply chain management.
As Senior Structural Designer you will be responsible for:
- Liaising with account managers and clients taking briefs
- Creating and testing prototype designs using ArtiosCAD and Kongsberg XP24
- Creating structural designs from concept
- Selecting correct materials and carrying out appropriate testing procedures to ensure designs are fit for purpose
- Creating the necessary documents for customer approval
- Making design amendments as required
- Ordering and managing timely delivery of die-cut tooling with external suppliers
Key attributes required:
- Experience of structural design for corrugated packaging
- Aptitude to quickly learn new skills
- Attention to detail to work in a production led environment
- Ability and confidence to clearly communicate in written and verbal format with customers, internal staff and suppliers is a must
- CAD experience essential
Successfully expanding, this company has a great reputation and is currently working on a range of interesting projects spanning across well recognised brands. You will become an integral part of their on-going plans with incredible career opportunities to achieve your personal goals.