My client is a leading manufacturer of films and wrapped packaging, predominantly for FMCG uses such as fresh produce, protein and fish.
Due to internal change, we are looking for an ambitious, driven and down-to-earth, Operational Site Director to join the business and lead their premier facility.
This is a perfect position for an operations director looking to progress or for someone looking to step into their first or second position leading a busy manufacturing facility.
- Reporting to the Group Director this position will be responsible for a facility with circa 300 skilled employees.
- Managing a strong site team consisting of; H&S, Production, Maintenance, Quality, Technical and HR.
- Contributing to the turnaround in culture at this site, you will seek to improve standards and quality of all work.
- You will seek to drive a culture of excellence and ‘right first time’
- You will ensure a sensible approach to commercial decisions, only agreeing contracts that fit the strategy for the site.
- Drive customer engagement through showcasing the sites technical expertise
- delivery, efficiency, quality and most importantly health & safety will be of your highest priority at all times
- Previous experience as either a senior Operations Manager or Site Director / Plant Manager.
- Ideally 4+ years within a broad operations management position.
- Experience in the manufacture of FMCG or packaging is advantageous
- A hands-on leader you will be comfortable in leading strategic discussions, investigating technical matters and negotiating with the customers.
- With an engaging style you will be able to coax the very best out of your direct team, leading by example and further developing their enthusiasm and skill sets
- We want leaders who connect with those on the shop floor through to board level.
This is a career opportunity not a job so we invite applications from committed, career minded individuals.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of responses, our team are unable to acknowledge every response and therefore if you do not hear from us within 31 days it is likely that your application has not been successful.
£50- 65K + (depending on experience) holidays, pension