NEW VACANCY! (PK6827)
SLITTING OPERATORS X2
COMMUTABLE FROM DERBYSHIRE, CHESHIRE & STAFFORDSHIRE
Salary up to £ 13.46 per hr
Continental Shift Pattern - (4 nights 3 off, 3 days 1 off 3 nights 3 off, 4 days 7 off)
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of printed and converted packaging primarily for the food sector. They have a vacancy for 2x Factory Operatives (Slitting). Reporting to the Process manager/Team leader on duty. The successful candidate will be accountable for the quality of finished product, running Slitting machines in line with operational KPI's within a safe environment. This position is on a 24/7 working pattern.
You will be responsible for running any slitting m/c and produce right first-time product in an efficient and safe way. In line with all company expectations.
- Operate the slitting machines (4)
- Ensure Health, safety & environment policies and procedures are adhered to
- Follow company specifications and S.O.P.'s
- To ensure that the process manager/team leader is kept informed of any production issues that may affect Quality, safety or performance.
- To monitor machine performance and report any maintenance concerns or repairs by verbal, and or TCard communication
- Engage with following shift ensuring smooth transition from 1 shift to the next
- Complete production paperwork accurately and on time and ensure data is logged correctly on EFI system
- Provide overtime cover for colleagues as is necessary and reasonable
- To undertake any reasonable requests as directed by the team leader or management.
Key Attributes (including desirable skills, qualifications & experience):
- Reliable, motivated, and enthusiastic about producing a quality finished
- product to customer specification
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and the capacity to work to demanding deadlines
- Demonstrate being able to work as part of a team and be able to manage workload, operate machinery to allocated schedules without direction
- Be keen to learn new skills and be able to demonstrate a flexible attitude.
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrate personal accountability and have a 'right first time' approach.
- Have relevant experience in a manufacturing role
- Have Maths and English GCSE at a minimum grade of 4 or equivalent