Active in the packaging industry for generations this is an award winning SME with a focus on innovative product development. Producing a full range of corrugated packaging they are looking to welcome a Structural Design Engineer to the team to play a central part in speciality and luxury packaging projects to be delivered to clients across the UK.
Structural Design Engineer | Corrugated Packaging | Northamptonshire | Excellent Salary & Benefits Package
Offering one of the most extensive packaging product ranges in Europe this company is one of the largest independent suppliers of packaging materials in the UK. Selling a full packaging solution supported by on-site manufacturing they excel in delivering excellent customer service and product choice and are backed by expert teams and extensive resources.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Client facing; taking design briefs from customers, account managers or other stakeholders
- Predominantly producing corrugated packaging (speciality and luxury)
- Producing new design solutions for clients
- Generating production samples using AG CAD software
- Working closely with key accounts, developing relationships with key stakeholders
- Site visits when required
- Testing packaging specifications on demand and providing associated written reports to stakeholders
- Carrying out testing of proposed solutions to ensure fit for purpose status prior to full introduction
Key attributes required:
- Packaging experience (ideally corrugated packaging)
- Knowledge of AG CAD software required
- Experience producing samples and prototypes
- An appreciation for detail is essential
- Good time management skills
If successful you will have development and training opportunities, excellent holiday allowance, a varied workload and a clear path to progress. Further benefits and bonuses are available for the right candidate who can assist the company with their rapid growth plans.
Excellent salary & benefits package