STRUCTURAL DESIGNER - PACKAGING WEST YORKSHIRE
£28K - 40K + 26 Days Holiday + Pension + Free Parking
Hours of Working: 37.5 hours per week - flexible start and finish times
Our Client is a leading carton manufacturer, providing bespoke solutions predominantly to food markets throughout the UK, they are currently looking to recruit a Structural Designer to join their team.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- To support internal customers: sales, commercial, production with relevant documentation, specifications and drawings in a timely manner
- To produce innovative 3D Design from concept and redesign of existing products using CAD software
- To produce technical dimensional drawings and samples
- To produce efficient, cost effective designs in accordance with the needs of the business working primarily with solid and carton board
- To innovate new ideas working primarily with solid and carton board
- To communicate effectively with internal and external personnel and customers
- Strong and proven background within CAD design for the carton sector
- Excellent verbal, numerical and IT skills
- Exceptionally organised with the ability to work towards and meet strict deadlines
- Able to create and design accurate, detailed and to scale drawings
- Foundation degree, HND or degree in relevant design
- Ability to produce branded cartons via Illustrator/Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills essential, ability to understand clear written and verbal instructions. Self-motivated
- Good understanding of procedures and processes
- Highly responsible, reliable and flexible with a strong work ethic
- Quality and safety conscious
- Punctual, presentable and with good attendance
- Integrity - Acts with honesty in actions and in communicating with others. Leads by example. Keeps promises, meets commitments and takes pride in work. Respects policies and lives up to the trust others place in them.
- Relationships - Has a positive attitude. Communicates in an open and direct manner. Considers the needs of others before taking action. Uses differences as an opportunity to explore new ideas, increase understanding and combine strengths.
- Accountability - Takes personal responsibility for doing the job to the best of their ability. Acts with initiative, learns from experiences, shares knowledge and strives to continually improve performance. Is dependable and can be counted on to deliver results. Looks out for the safety of others. Effectively utilizes resources.
- Teamwork - Shares goals and works with others to achieve them. Encourages others to be involved and supports their ideas. Helps others without being asked. Reaches across departments and Business Units to increase knowledge and gain experience. Celebrates success.
- Respect - Values the unique skills and abilities of others. Actively listens to other employee's ideas and honors diverse opinions. Appreciates everyone's contributions and recognizes accomplishments. Shows common courtesy to others and customers. Actively works to maintain an environment that is open, honest, supportive and fulfilling.