NEW VACANCIES (PK6888)
STRUCTURAL PACKAGING DESGINER
SOUTH EAST - NORTH OF LONDON
£OPEN (Depending On Experience)
Our client is an independent manufacturer of high end printed folded cartons, a well-established business with a varied product offering working with small, medium and large clients in the in food, drink, gift, alcohol, beverage, cosmetics, leisure and FMCG markets. The company put a strong emphasis on quality, customer service and investing in the latest technology and equipment.
They are now looking to recruit a Structural Packaging Designer to join their team, you will have a strong work ethic and an eye for detail and be able to demonstrate excellent CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
Knowledge And Experience:
- Have ability to use the latest CAD design software, cutting tables and provide full size prototypes which will allow the company to see the look, feel and functionality of their innovative yet functional structural packaging design for thier clients products.
- Computer literate with knowledge of packaging based CAD software (ArtiosCAD, Impact CAD) and Adobe Suite
- Self-motivated with an eye for problem-solving, and attention to detail
- The ability to follow design briefs and adapt as necessary
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced fluid environment & work to deadlines
- Great communication skills
- A basic understanding of the packaging finishing process.
- A basic understanding of prepress, lithographic and digital printing process.
- Knowledge of operating cutting tables (Zund, Konsberg), and experience with operating digital print presses (Xerox, HP Indigo, Mimaki) will be an advantage.
- Applicants should have extensive experience (min 4 years) of structural packaging design work.
The Role / Responsibilities:
- Efficiently offer direct and indirect creative and technical support to customers and production through exceptional service in the sampling and the pre-production (pre-press) departments.
- Responsible assisting the pre-production (pre-press) department with layouts and impositions of the CAD designs.
- Producing CAD drawings from previously manufactured samples
- Designing new packaging solution around client products to meet the needs of the brief
- Producing samples for approval
- Generating relevant documentation for Estimating / Sales teams
- Identifying possible changes to existing packaging to aid packing and / or production efficiency's
- Taking direct ownership of tasks by liaising with clients and colleagues to gain information and keep them informed of progress
- Ensuring paperwork and databases are kept up to date
- Generating tracings for use in manufacturing
- Producing CAD drawings for use in the setting of artwork